This Instant Pot mushroom, pea, and parmesan risotto is one of our favorites. Super easy to make and delicious every time!
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter or 3 tablespoons unsalted butter + 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 small shallot diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup dry white wine (Pinot Grigio)
- 4 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons regular soy sauce
- ½ – 1 cup green peas
- 42 grams Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms- I like mixing the type of mushrooms
- Sauté the Mushrooms: Heat up Instant Pot using the “Sauté” function. Wait until Instant Pot says “HOT”.
- Add 1 tbsp unsalted butter or olive oil in the Instant Pot. Make sure that the whole bottom is coated.
- Saute the mushrooms until they have all changed color. Remove mushrooms and save in a bowl to add to the rice once cooked.
- Add another tablespoon of butter. Sauté diced onions and shallot for 2 minutes. Add in minced garlic, then sauté for another 30 seconds.
- Toast Arborio Rice in Instant Pot: Make some room in Instant Pot by pushing the onions and garlic to the side of the inner pot.
- Add 2 tbsp unsalted butter to the empty side of the Instant Pot. Pour in 2 cups (400g) of arborio rice. Ensure all the rice is coated with butter. Give it a quick stir to mix everything together. Toast arborio rice for 2 – 3 minutes to give the dish a really nice nutty flavor. Tip: Browning the rice really means that the arborio rice’s edges become translucent, while the center remains white.
- Deglaze Instant Pot: Pour in ½ cup dry white wine, then deglaze by scrubbing all the flavorful brown bits off the bottom of the pot. Let the wine simmer for about a minute to allow the alcohol to evaporate.
- Pressure Cook Risotto: Add in 2 tbsp regular soy sauce and 4 cups unsalted chicken stock. Give it a quick mix and make sure no rice is sticking to the sides of the Instant Pot.
- With Venting Knob in Venting Position, close the lid, then turn Venting Knob to Sealing Position. Pressure Cook at High Pressure for 5 minutes, then Quick Release. Open the lid carefully.
- Add Green Peas, cooked mushrooms, and cheese: The risotto will look soupy at first. Add ½ cup – 1 cup (85g – 170g) green peas to the risotto. Stir to combine and form a creamy smooth consistency. Tip: If the risotto is too runny, stir and cook for another few minutes using the “Sauté” function.
- Add 42g of freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Mix well to melt the cheese.
When the risotto reaches your desired consistency, taste, and then season with kosher salt & black pepper….I like to squeeze half of a lemon on the finished risotto just before serving to give it a quick dose of freshness.
Enjoy and don’t forget to let us know how your mushroom, parmesan, pea risotto turned out!
P.S, click here for more great recipes!