These air fryer buttermilk biscuits were so easy to make. They might become a regular on our Sunday brunch menu.
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour plus extra for surface
- 1 ½ Tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter chilled and cut into small cubes
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cut the butter into cubes and using a pastry cutter or your hands work the butter into the flour mixture until the mixture is a crumble.
- Pour the chilled buttermilk over the flour-butter mixture and mix together just until combined. You don’t want to over mix it.
- The mix is supposed to be dry, add a splash more of buttermilk or if it is too wet you can add a tablespoon more flour.
- Put the dough on a floured surface and gently pat into a disc that is about ¾ inch thick.
- Use a 2-3 inch round cutter to cut into biscuits. DO NOT TWIST THE BISCUIT CUTTER as this will seal the edges and prevent the biscuits from rising. Just press down and pull up on the cutter.
- Use the scraps after cutting and press together to cut some additional biscuits.
- Pre-heat the air fryer at 400 degrees for 5 minutes and then pray the air fryer with olive oil.
- Add biscuits to the air fryer in a single layer, you may need to work in batches depending on the size of your air fryer. The biscuits should be close together. This helps them rise.
- Cook at 325F degrees for 13-15 minutes until golden brown and fluffy.
- Repeat with remaining biscuits, if needed.
- Serve with butter, honey, or jam. My favorite is to melt butter in some warm honey and drizzle on the biscuits.